Laser Screen Printing for all our enclosures. As always, Fibox continues to make
available to our customers the latest in technology.
Advantages of Laser Screen Printing Technology
Laser Screen Printing technology allows custom decoration, marking and variable data printing of thousands of items that were previously not possible to affordably digitally decorate. Many of Laser Screen Printing’s unique capabilities cannot be duplicated by any other printing technology.
The advantages of this technology utilized in Laser Screen Printing are extensive:
1. The ability to print on a wide variety of materials, treated and untreated, including PVC, PET, ABS, acrylic, wood, glass, boards, metals, soft fabrics, and leathers.
2. The ability to print on thick 3D items, such as an enclosure.
3. Most UV-curable ink sets include CMYK, white, and clear. Using the white ink as a base, Laser Screen Printing can print white and full-color on dark items and both sides of clear products.
4. The ink dries almost instantaneously on the substrate surface. Dot gain and color saturation are optimized because there is no time for ink dots to spread. Also, there is no ink absorption into the actual substrate. The inks firmly bond to the substrate surface.
5. Due to the instant drying time, multiple layers of both white and clear plus CMYK may be applied simultaneously in a single printing pass. This allows fine details and small fonts to be printed. The inks can also be applied selectively to build up embossed objects and letters, including unique custom textures and braille. Also, the clear ink can be “flooded” over the entire or selected areas of the substrate to increase durability or provide a higher gloss finish. The level of gloss depends on the number of clear layers applied.
6. The inks used are environmentally friendly
7. Finished products are scratch resistant and exhibit good light fastness.
8. Fast production times are possible. Fully decorated items can be packed immediately right out of the printer. No additional production steps are required.
9. The cost of the Laser Screen Printing process is comparable to traditional silk screening, with all the added benefits listed above.
Read a recent case study.